A feature of the web site provided to our businesses is the ability to establish a "Business Group". Members of the web site can easily join a Business Group by logging in and clicking on Join a Group feature. If you don't see your business, you can easily submit a business, and we will form the Group and give you an update when it is completed.
Members of the web site who join Business Groups can encourage their co-worker to join as well. This will allow all Business Group Members to see how they are all doing collectively. Each Member's information remains confidential, but Business Group stats/totals are provided to the members.
Here are a few ideas on what we can do at work to encourage a more healthy, well, and fit environment:
- Take that lunch, but save about 15 minutes for a brisk walk.
- Form a walking group at work.
- Get together once a week during lunch or a break to share any "healthy recipes" you have come across.
- Bring healthy snacks for yourself and your friends at work. It is easy to grab the back of candy at the local store, but don't. Pick up some almonds or other healthy nuts. Try the cocoa covered almonds!
- Take your lunch to work a couple of times a week and pack it healthy. 2 healthy lunches per week can make a big impact on your health goals.
- Eat smaller portions when you go out to eat at lunch. Avoid the buffets.
- Having a business meeting for the staff? Avoid the doughnuts and fruit juices with a large amount of sugar. Ask your management to get fruit and veggies and provide water for the meeting but skip the soft drinks.
- And don't forget: You can be an encouraging voice at your office.
If you have questions about setting up a group or joining a group, just let us know. Click here
to send us a message.